Kindy class – 3-4 years: High energy, lots of fun, and wiggles aplenty! The girls also receive an introduction to physie positions and syllabus.
Junior and intermediate classes – 5 years – 16 years: The fun, energetic age appropriate BJP syllabus is introduced from 5 years. Ages 7 years – 16 years spend dedicated time on stretch and technique in our mirrored rehearsal room.
Senior class – 17 years and over: Our most advanced class, with participants aiming for national level competition. Join in contemporary and hip hop, along with core physie routines of warm up, jazz and exercise.
Ladies class – 18 – 60+ years: Whether you have done physie before, are returning after many years break, or are brand new – this is a fabulous class. The variety of disciplines will tone and shape your body. Step by step instruction is given each lesson.
New members are very welcome. Click here to register for your free trial lesson. All lessons held at Miami State School Hall, with the exception of Wednesday lessons for 13’s through to ladies which are held at Mudgeeraba State School Hall.
|Class (age as at 31 August 2018)||Monday||Teachers||Wednesday||Teachers|
|3 – 4 years||3:30 – 4:00pm||Belinda|
|5 – 6 years||4:00 – 4:45pm||Belinda||3:45 – 4:30pm||Belinda|
|7 – 8 years||4:45 – 5:30pm||Belinda & Elyse||4:00 – 5:15pm||Belinda & Elyse, S/S* with Erin|
|9 – 12 years||5:15 – 6:15pm||Elyse & Belinda||4:45 – 6:00pm||Elyse & Belinda, S/S* with Erin|
|13 – 16 years||5:45 – 7:00pm||S/S* with Erin, Alison & Mia||6:15 – 7:00pm||Alison & Mia|
|2nd yr seniors||7:00 – 8:00pm||Alison & Jo||7:00 – 8:00pm||Alison & Jo|
|Seniors||7:00 – 8:00pm||Alison & Jo||7:00 – 8:00pm||Alison & Jo|
|Novice and Intermediate Ladies||7:45 – 8:45pm||Alison & Jo||7:45 – 9:00pm||Alison & Jo|
|Open Ladies||8:00 – 9:00pm||Alison||8:00 – 9:00pm||Alison|
*On Wednesdays, our 7-8/9-12/13-16 year classes have stretch and strength with Miss Erin for 30 minutes before their class. This is a wonderful lesson and will assist the girls with flexibility and technique. With our fabulous mirrored rehearsal room, we have the ability to have ages combined in the main hall for part of lessons, as well as separated into two groups using the mirrored room/hall options.
2018 PHYSIE TERMS
* No classes during Easter school holidays. Classes run as normal during June/July and September/October school holidays. No classes on Labour Day or Anzac Day. Classes as normal Queen’s Birthday.
|Term 1||Monday 5 February – Wednesday 28 March||8 weeks|
|Term 2*||Wednesday 18 April – Wednesday 11 July||11.5 weeks|
|Term 3*||Monday 16 July – Wednesday 3 October||12 weeks|
|Term 4||Monday 8 October – Wednesday 17 October (Nationals competitors continue)||2 weeks|
- Free trial lesson for new members. Click here to register.
- Classes are $10 each – 3-4’s payable at casual rate, all other classes payable by term. Minimum of one lesson per week must be paid for by the term.
- Optional second weekly lesson payable by term ($10 per lesson) or casual rate of $12.
- Stretch and strength with Miss Erin is $2 for 30 minutes.
- 10% discount available for annual payment before the end of February.
- Third and subsequent family member/s receive lessons at 50% discount.
ANNUAL REGISTRATION – 5 years and over
- $77 BJP registration – BJP is the National Body for Physical Culture, includes music and DVD of routines.
- $30 Mermaid Beach Club Registration – covers BJP Champion Girl entry fee, teams entry fee, interclub entries and contribution to club public liability insurance. Payable with Term 2 invoice. To register for 2018 classes click here to access our online registration form.
- BJP Registration paid direct to BJP (online registration and payment).
- Club Registration and term fees by cash or bank transfer. Receipts provided.